I lost all my contacts on my tablet.also my info. I lost all…

Customer Question
I lost all my...

I lost all my contacts on my tablet.also my info.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

I lost all my info & contacts on my tablet, how so I get them back? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

Tried to get my password ***** & changed it but will not work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the tablet?

Samsung tablet

If you are able to access your tablet. You can simply restore the backup. Most of the android devices have automatic backup includes device data such as contacts, calendar and settings. To restore contacts from tablet, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Apps > Settings > Cloud > Restore.

• Your Samsung device will begin to restore backup.

• Tick the items that you want to restore. And tap "Restore Now".

• The contacts and other data will be downloaded from your Samsung account. Wait till you see "Data Restore".

​If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Still can't get my contacts back

If necessary, Please insert your SD card.

1. From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. If necessary, tap the Contacts tab.
  4. If necessary, tap the Menu key, tap Contacts to display, and then tap All contacts.
  5. Tap the Menu key and then tap Import / Export.

6. Tap Export to SD card.
    Note
    : The pop-up window will display the file name for the contact list. If necessary, record the name of the file before tapping OK.

7. Tap OK.

Please check if that works.

Karthik
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer