I have a small tablet bought for Christmas 2016 and never…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small tablet bought for Christmas 2016 and never used. I have tried to use it now and keep getting a message that says"unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped. Several people have tried to fix this and can't. ??

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your device? How old is it?

It was bought last Christmas and the model is A1-850 Android version 4.4.4

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Android device?

I have set my password ***** have gotten to amazon home page but no furthur with them. I can get my email.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I took it to a computer store and they said they had never seen that message and they tried to figure it out and said to contact you. The message keeps coming up when I try anything.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Tablet. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

That tablet is over a year old.

Do you have a computer such as a mac or windows computer?

We may be able to connect it repair it if the next steps i send you dont work first.

Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

I have a Window on my PC.
I have a Window on my PC. I can start now.
Are you there?

The gaps in the error message refers to Google apps. If there are issues with the Google Apps on your mobile device, this error message may appear.

Re-enable Download Manager. This is one of the most common ways the error message appears.

Please see the below to learn how to re-enable the Download Manager.

Reset app preferences. Go into the Settings menu → Apps/Application manager →

More tab/Menu key → Reset app preferences.

Clear the App cache/data for the following apps/services.

○ Google Play Services

○ Google Framework

○ Google Play Store

Go into the Settings menu Apps/Application manager → "select the App"

"Force stop" → "Clear Cache" "Manage space" "Clear all data".

Uninstall updates for the Google Play Store. Go into the Settings menu

Apps/Application manager → Google Play Store → Uninstall updates.

Then update your software:

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1046221

Yes, i am here. I need time to type all that out for you between our messages.

Restart your device afterwards and tell me if you are still having issues. If you are, we will need that computer

and i will send you directions afterwards.

Please do everything i sent for you, and if you run into an issue, no problem. Tell me the error and i will help you

through those steps too.

Reply back when done with everything.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin