Cannot sign in on very 1st screen that comes up after 1st…

Customer Question
Cannot sign in on...

Cannot sign in on very 1st screen that comes up after 1st start up.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

When you 1st start up the computer, after it loads icons there is a box asking for password. I can't remember my password.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp I don't know model and I"m using windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About 3 weeks, this is just 1 of 3 computers we have, and I keep trying passwords that I do remember.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your HP. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

When you keep putting in wrong password ***** and over, do you get a GO TO MICROSOFT ONLINE message

or do you just keep getting password ***** for your windows 10?

Is yours the only account on that pc or do you have other admin accounts that you see to toggle between

on the start up/sign in screen?

This is my laptop I'm talking to you on and since I can't sign in on my tower how will you connect?

That is automated. Please disregard for now. I am not sending those to you.

on the start up/sign in screen?

I just keep getting the password ***** and yes this the only account on the computer

Did you attach an email to that windows 10?

If is only a local account, we are going to need a disc most likely to get in.

I need you to keep putting in the wrong password ***** see if you get that microsoft message after a bit.

Ok

Let me know when done, but if it doesnt direct you to go online for microsoft?

You are only getting in that pc by setting it back to a day when you remembered your password ***** another time,

using a disc to get in or wiping it completely for a local account. Wiping it completely will lose all the info you had stored so far

and put it to factory setting.

Please reply with results.

I got to the that says reset password ***** got to a screen that says its on a flash drive but I tried that and there is nothing there

Then you will need a repair disk or a cracker.

Look this article over for me first.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10-password/how-to-reset-windows-10-forgotten-password.html#method1

Or you have to wipe it.

Thank you I'll try that

Ok, it is the only way to get in with a local account.

Once you are in? I highly recommend you make a microsoft account if you dont have one already.

Add it to your pc. That way if you get locked out? You can just go online and change your password ***** free easily

and it will always let you back in as long as you can get in that email you add.

How to make microsoft account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026324/microsoft-account-sign-up-for-a-microsoft-account

How to add:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17197/windows-10-set-up-accounts

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am listed as successful and credited by the companies ledger

of solutions finished. If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue as opposed to closing out the question and email

updates between us.

Thank you,

~Franklin