Need to replace my credit card with a new card, Mac computer…

Customer Question
Need to replace my...

Need to replace my credit card with a new card

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Mac computer oS High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Computer s feel

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Have new credit card

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Do you mean changing your credit card for your apple account such as itunes and appstore? If so please read the instructions below as it may look overwhelming but I wasn't sure how you wanted to change your credit card as you can do it several different ways. If not please let me know what your issue is.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Payment Information.
  4. Enter your new payment details. If you want to remove your payment method, select None.
  5. Make sure your name and billing address exactly match the information on file with your financial institution. Then tap Done.
  6. If you change your payment method to a credit card, the iTunes Store places a temporary authorization hold on your credit card to verify your updated account information.

On your Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
  3. Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
  4. On the Account Information page:
  5. To the right of Payment Type, click Edit. You can see which payment methods the iTunes Store accepts in the Payment Type section. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  6. Change or remove your information.
    To remove the payment method, select None.
  7. Click Done.

On the web- mac or pc

You can change to a different credit or debit card by signing in to your Apple ID account page. You might have to verify your payment method the first time you try to buy something on one of your Apple devices.

1. To go to the Apple ID account page, click this link: View Apple ID.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID. You might be asked to answer security questions.
  3. In the Payment & Shipping section, click Edit Payment Information. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.
  4. Change your payment information.
  5. Click Save.

System Preferences - from a mac

1. Go to System Preferences > iCloud.
  2. Click Account Details. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click Payment > Details. If you're using Family Sharing, and purchase sharing is turned on, only your family organizer can update your payment information.

iCloud - for Windows

1. On your PC, open iCloud for Windows.
  2. Click Account Details > Manage Apple ID. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Glad we were able to solve your issue with apple. Please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name.

Thanks again and Happy New Year! :)