I have a DURABRAND portable DVD player model PDV - 705.

Customer Question
I have a DURABRAND...

I have a DURABRAND portable DVD player model PDV - 705. Machine # S/N B(###) ###-#### How do i get a new battery pack . Battery pack model # is BAT - 05

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your media player? How old is it?

Durabrand March 2006

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your media player?

Won"t hold a charge. also tried getting a battery at a local battery store

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want to be able to get a replacement battery pack so I can use my DVD player

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Unfortunately the short answer here is that you cannot get one.

This is a player that is over 4 times its designed service life at this point, from a low quality brand that is no longer in business. There have been no parts or support for them for many years.

The battery pack was a proprietary part and there are no replacements available, even generic. Even when they were available, they were not practical as a battery would run you about $50, and you can buy a brand new player with a fresh warranty and new higher capacity battery pack for the same price: http://amzn.to/2DsSQwy

Alternately you could buy an ac or dc power adapter and use it via corded power in a home or car.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.