I just got a new HP laptop. I don't remember my Microsoft…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new HP laptop. I don't remember my Microsoft password & it will not let me go past this screen. How can I bypass this screen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?

It's a Pvillion with an i3-7100u processor.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No I'm just trying to get into it for the first time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please provide the following details.

Are you using a microsoft online or local user account for sign in ?

Is this laptop loaded with windows 10 ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Thank you.

Laptop is Windows 10. Trying to use a local account, but cannot remember the password & app of the verification code possibilities come with There's a temporary problem with the service. Try again later

If you are using a local user account then it wont send a verification code.

when it shows incorrect password ***** it also show a password ***** link with it?

The device I'm typing on is not the laptop in question. That laptop is brand new & I'm trying to boot it up for the first time but is it locked at the Microsoft password

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional so you can ignore and continue in this chat page.

Could you please answer the following

continue

No it just says temperary problem, try agsin later

haven't heard of such error on the windows 10 login screen.Can you take a picture of this screen with error message and send it to me using the add files option in the reply box.

The reason why i asked for the picture is that i can understand the issue you are facing more clearly.