Cd player MODEL CFD-S05, bought several (5+ yrs)...been in…

Customer Question
Cd player MODEL CFD-S05 ...

Cd player MODEL CFD-S05

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Bought several (5+ yrs)...been in storage and new...can't turn it on...don't remember how...SONY CD / TAPE PLAYER = MODEL CFD-S05

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope just want to use it...its been

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Louie, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Louie, Computer Support Specialist

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...SONY...CFD-S05..."

You didn’t sander my question yet

Initially, is the Sony completely / electrically dead? ...when plugged in to an outlet? ...with batteries installed?

NOT DEAD ... RED ON/OFF BUTTON RED = ON...PLUGGED INTO OUTLET...I THINK IT BATTERY TOO...i DO REMEMBER WHEN THE RED LITE IS ON I CAN PLAY CD & TAPE PLAYERS

Have you tried / can you please try:

• press the POWER button to turn on;
  • then press RADIO BAND a couple of times to cycle between AM and FM;
  • press and hold the TUNE + or - until a radio station is clearly selected.

or:

• press the POWER button to turn on;
  • then press CD;
  • press PUSH OPEN/CLOSE;
  • place an audio CD on the disc tray;
  • press PUSH OPEN/CLOSE;
  • press ►][ to play the disc.
ITS A CD/TAPE PLAYER & IF U CAN'TELL ME ONLINE I WANT MY "$5 FULLY REFUNDANLE MONEY BACK REFUND"'
R U STILL HERE ?? I OPTED FOR 2ND OPTION...WHAT IS [] //???
IT DIDN'T WORK...

Then it would be an internal hardware issue.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

FOR $5 YES FOR $39 no

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues as well as related information.

Billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support.

RADIO WORKS FINE
TAPE WORKS TOO...CD SHOWS IN WINDOW CD--& PLAY THEN GOES BACK TO CD - - ...

Conflicting information:

• can't turn it on...press the POWER...IT DIDN'T WORK
  • ...RADIO WORKS FINE
  • TAPE WORKS TOO...
  • CD SHOWS IN WINDOW CD
  • PLAY THEN GOES BACK TO CD

After all the above instructions, is it just that the CD now that has an issue?

...meaning the above instructions corrected the "...can't turn it on....."

R U STILL HERE ???

Yes.