I have a new computer and it asks for an account number and…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new computer and it asks for an account number and a password. I do not have either. So can not get past the window to the desk top.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Aver. To-780. Windows. 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

I am sending this from my laptop. My problem is with my new aver desktop aspire to-780

Technician's Assistant: What version of Windows are you running on your TO-780?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TO-780? What have you tried so far?

This is new so it has just begun to ask for a password. I. Tried everything I could think of but nothing worked.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just how to get around to. A new password.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Please do this on the desktop now:

At the logon screen, click on the Power button at the bottom-right and then HOLD down the Shift key on the keyboard and click "Restart."

Does this bring up a blue CHOOSE AN OPTION screen?