Had MSN for internet when I 1st set up my Mac Pro. The

Customer Question
Had MSN for internet...

Had MSN for internet when I 1st set up my Mac Pro. The account was accidentally cancelled Updates still bringing MSN for updates.& I don't have the Password ***** it so I can't sign on and do the updates.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably 10 months ago. It is also causing a problem with iCloud

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I don't remember doing that. I'm 76 yrs. young. so I'm not good at remembering these things.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I use outlook for internet and email.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
12/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Jon, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It sounds like you are trying to do the system updates for your mac which would need your apple ID and password.

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Then once you have the password ***** you can try and sign in to do the updates again. If it does not work right away, you can try and restart the computer and make sure you are connected to wifi with a good signal.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

Did you still need help? Were you able to try the instructions I previously posted for you? If all is good, please still consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

Jon
Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist