I have a sanyo smart TV. I want to add an app that is now…

Customer Question
I have a sanyo...

I have a sanyo smart TV. I want to add an app that is now not on the tv. Can I do this?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

It is on roku. It is jw.org

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have not tried anything yet. I am 80 years old and am basically tech illerate! I have called roku, they said to call Internet service and they told me to call sanyo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I have jw. Org on my roku but none of the apps work properly so I would like to have it on my smart sanyo tv

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me the model of the tv?

Model # is fvf5044 serI also # isb4130976004689
Model # is fvf5044

Thank you for the info,

so you are using the roku stick with this tv, correct?

Please send only a single reply and allow me time to receive it and respond.

Thank you for confirming,

the best way to add this is on your computer, by clicking here: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/47791/jw-broadcasting

after you "add" that channel from your roku account online, it should then show on the roku home screen on the sanyo as well so you can access it there.

Let me know if that works for you please.

I was talking to nathan no this did not work. There is a place on my TV that says (add and manage apps) but it only has about 10 different apps listed. Do you think those are the only apps I can get on this tv? Is my tablet connected to my tv? If I go to the app store will it appear on my TV too?

You are still talking to me.

Did you go to the link I sent above, on your computer?
You have to be signed in on the computer to the same roku account that your actual roku stick (sanyo tv) is associated with.

I did what you said and went to that Web site but it did not show up on my tv

Thanks, ***** ***** as well that you were signed in to your roku account on the computer, and that you actually clicked the "add channel" button.

as an added step, now go into the roku menu and look for the System Update function to prompt the roku to install the latest updates.

I do not want to subscribe to your service!! I git an email saying you were going to charge me 39 dollars. Do not do that please, that is not what I wanted to do . Please send me an email to this effect thank you Dorothy roth

We're all independent techs here Dorothy, I have no access to or control over any site matters. I can send a note to customer service to check on that for you.

You have however paid the full agreed upon fees for our chat conversation here as a one time help.

Can you please respond to my last instructions and let me know the results?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Andy, Computer Consultant