My Dell laptop is stuck in hibernate mode. How do I get it…

Customer Question
My Dell laptop is...

My Dell laptop is stuck in hibernate mode. How do I get it to open up for me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Dell?

Inspiron 11 ,3000 series. Z

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Ctrl

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Control and Esc, f5, f7, f9, and f10.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/27/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
Michael T
Hi my name is ***** ***** will be assisting you with this issue.
Please remove power cord and remove battery for 1 minute. After 1 minute put the battery in ONLY and see if you can fire it up. Let me know
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
If this doesn’t work let me know and we will go through hard reset procedure
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago
The hard reset - Keep removed from AC power. Take the battery out of the laptop. HOLD the power button on the laptop for 30 seconds. This will drain all residual power from the internal circuits. Now out in the battery and ac power and press to power on and let me know what results we get.. if none we will dig deeper. Please advise. Thankyou
I could not remove battery from my laptop.
no thanks, I'll take it back to Staples.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Good Morning.... Sorry if you get offers on your screen, I cant control those unfortunately. Wish that i could.

If you would like to continue, please let me know

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 6 months ago

Ok you have the 11 with the non removable battery by consumer. I can walk you through this but you will need a screwdriver to take the battery out to do the reset. 9 screws. Remove back cover... then 3 screws holding the battery in place.. Very easy to do.... BUT yes, if you still have warranty on this DO NOT OPEN, just get them to do it...

In case they are clueless, just tell them to reset it like that first if they get lost....