I inserted recovery disc. Did a start up test came back

Customer Question
Hi I inserted recovery...

Hi I inserted recovery disc. Did a start up test came back failed with a failure Id battery test failed UE1X2W-63X8T8-XD6X1F-C0DK03

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP envy 15

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It was in a continuous loop I hit control F2, menu came up with advanced diagnostics menu for testing start up test, system tune up, hard disk, memory etc?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand, model, and Operating System (OS) of your computer?

HP envy15 Os 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

The answer above

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Before all this happened it kept trying to update to windows 10 but continuously only could get to 33% install and then stayed there

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
12/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Sounds like you need to replace the battery. A bad battery can in some cases even halt boot up of a laptop. For what it is worth the error message is referring to the removable battery- not the actual internal battery on the motherboard. That means you need to replace the laptop battery, if the laptop is still under warranty period which is generally one year after purchase then, you can get the battery replaced from HP without any cost otherwise, you have to buy it. Let me know if you need any further help or information otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I replace the battery will this allow the system to restart? What about the continuous stall on updating to 10? I don’t want to update to 10. Can I stop this somehow?

You can cancel that update after you are able to start your laptop, but updating Windows 10 will make it more secure.

Please let me know if you need any further help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi there, installed the new battery and it passed all the tests but it is still in a continuous loop? What do I do?

Do you get the same battery failed error code?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No battery is brand New and is working fine

Ok, at present which version of Windows is installed on your PC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
8.1
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can see system information but not sure how to see anything else? Still in a loop

Can you use Windows?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I can’t get it up and am trying recovery discs but is isn’t doing anything still looping
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can do do?!??

Did you try to boot the PC from those recovery discs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but it doesn’t see it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a command I should try?

First, check the disc on any other PC and make sure the disc is working.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant

Do you mean, you don't have any PC?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what else can I do??

Ok, then you have to complete the upgrade and then, you can get back to 8.1 within 7 days

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What? I can’t do anything my computer is in a continuous loop saying it’s restoring to previous and it has been saying that for hours! What else can I do??!

Try the steps below and let me know, how it goes for you.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all connected devices and cables such as Personal Media Drives, USB drives, printers, and faxes. Remove media from internal drives, and remove any recently added internal hardware. Do not disconnect the monitor, keyboard, mouse, or power cord.

3. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose your keyboard layout screen or Choose an option, screen displays and then follow these instructions:

1. In Windows 8 click to select the keyboard layout. This will not be available on Windows 8.1

2. The computer restarts. If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is functioning correctly, the Choose an Option screen displays. Click Troubleshoot.

3. On the Troubleshoot screen, click Recovery Manager.

4. On the operating system selection screen, select your operating system.

Recovery Manager opens.

4. Under Help, click either Minimized Image Recovery to restore only the operating system, drivers, and some software, or click System Recovery to restore the computer to its original factory configuration.

5. When Recovery Manager prompts you to back up your files, select a backup option:

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got it to install windows 8.1 again and it is in process. I had to continually hit the esc key. I wish you would have told me that?

I have given you the steps which are described by HP and if HP has provided wrong information, what can I do? I am not the manufacturer nor the developer of Windows or the PC.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I figured it out before I saw your note. None of the info you sent me was any help. I installed the disc and it is reinstalling 8.1

My information does not match yours because you are trying to restore Windows from the disc and I have given you the steps to restore using the inbuilt recovery partition of the PC.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I could not get it to work and didn’t get your information until after I got the disc to install. Now I’m worried I like st all my files
Tech Support Specialist: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you resolve your problem.

There is A way you can refresh your system without losing files.

Let me know if you are available to do the process

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now everything is gone. Now that the new os installed. I have nothing. I wanted to restore but couldn’t get anyone to tell me how to get out of a continuous loop. Then I was told to use the recovery disc did didn’t work used os? Now I have nothing. Is there a way to restore now?

There are some softwares that can recover files even if your disk got formated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok are you saying I cannot recover my previous information without buying software?

you can find a trial version of one.

Maybe for 30 days

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Trial of what?

trial version of one software, I remember I used one free trial but dont remember the name of it

It's this one

Easeus data recovery

Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer