Just received a new iPad trying to access my email account…

Customer Question
Just received a new...

Just received a new iPad trying to access my email account which is a Verizon.nerpt account and I don't remember my password ***** can I do. Can I get nepass word

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Many years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just want my email set up

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/26/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Cabletech
Cabletech, Computer Support Specialist

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would be happy to assist today with your question.

Give me just a moment while I review the information provided.

Before we begin, I would like to explain how the site works if this is your first visit here. The page you are viewing offers ads for things like secure desktop connection and a phone call. These are not asked by me and I will explain in our conversation if doing one of those things would help make troubleshooting easier. If you request to do either one, I would be happy to do it with you regardless.

If you are prompted during our conversation to rate me, it is as simple as choosing between 5 stars at the top right corner about my service today. Hopefully, I will earn 5 stars today. It is the only way I receive credit for helping you today.

Some things we work on may not easily be resolved with the given resources (such as needing additional media or hardware issues that require replacement). Please understand I will try my hardest to resolve the issue or answer any questions but some things are out of my control.

Finally, make sure to bookmark this page so you can easily come back to this page. If we are working on this issue and you need to step away, you can always leave me a message on this question. I will respond as soon as I can if I am not online. I check periodically throughout the day if not during my normal business hours.

Hello! Are you trying to access your Apple ID or Verizon.net email address. Just wanted to verify this before we troubleshooted down the wrong path.

Not now

Per your last comment, did you mean you are able to sign in currently when you said "not now?"

You can go ahead with payment I authorize amx to process
No I just was not at that time trying to correct problem

Oh ok. Does it ask you to re-request the secure connection?

Listen I don't know what's going on you're texting me on my cell phone you're sending me information on my iPad have you done anything to fix this situation I corrected and sent the the payment on my American Express I don't know what's going on are you trying to fix this I have no idea because apparently on my iPad looks like you're finished with it did it correct is it corrected it asked me to put a new email address down but they ask me for my old one that's what my problem is I don't know

I'm very sorry but I don't have the ability to text to your cell phone. Unless it is the website itself, but I am just an expert assigned to the question. But, I will go ahead and resend the offer again. I'm sorry for all the confusion.

Let's start all over. While I work with my supervisors to resolve the matter, I want to help you get back online with your email. So the account tied to your IPAD is a Verizon.net account, correct?

If you attempted to go to https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin and click the Forgot Apple ID/Password, are you able to get through the questions there?

It will ask for your email address so use the older one. Then follow through the questions and let me know what you end up with.

Andy, Computer Consultant