How can I set my Google home mini with my computer? HP I…

Customer Question
How can I set...

How can I set my Google home mini with my computer?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP I don't no what a OSY means

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Computer fine got a google home mii for Christmas and want get it going.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

You don't use a computer to setup a Google Home device, you need to use a Smartphone. Do you have an Android phone or an iPhone?

no I just have a flip top phone

Alright, unfortunately, you need to have a smartphone to get it installed and running (any Android or iOS phone). It uses the Google Home app on your phone to program your wifi settings, and your personal settings, and will work then without the phone later... but, you need a phone you can run the Home app on to set it up.

f you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,