I just purchased a new ASUS 32" 3840x2160 4K UHD Monitor…

Customer Question
I just purchased a...

I just purchased a new ASUS 32" 3840x2160 4K UHD Monitor (PA328Q) and when i turn it on i get nothing not even options to change the colour settings, any ideas whats wrong with it?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

It's a monitor I've tried connecting my surface pro and also a Samsung tablet and my phone and I'm getting nothing it just comes up with the option of what input i want then turns off

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Surface Pro?

2015

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Surface Pro?

Mini display and the usb

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

My Samsung tablet is a galaxy a6 android thats all i can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Ive also tried disconnecting and reconnecting all cables and mainly the power one but the monitor is just coming up either black background no signal or blue background with no signal and turns off within seconds, I've also tried different power sources
12/25/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Please find reply box below to post your response

Have you tried changing input source to HDMI

What are you getting when you select HDMI?

Blue screen and no signal then turns off within less then 10 seconds

What kind of cable are you using to connect to the monitor?

I first used the cables that came with the monitor then I tried type c 3.1 usb and Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable Male to Male
HDMI to usb 3.1

ok...

When you connect monitor cable to surface display port, does computer attempt to recognize new hardware/device

Normally a window popup and display its installing driver. Are you getting such kind of popup

awaiting reply

No

Go to the search bar and search for Project to a second screen.

Open that program and select Duplicate.

Now select the HDMI input in TV.