I use google drive, but my issue is google photos. I want to…

Customer Question
I use google drive...

I use google drive, but my issue is google photos. I want to take all my photos that exist and delete many of theme as they are not mine. I need a way to look at small pics of the photos and delete them as i please and either do this within the photos program or export the results back. I also musty consider I have google drive backing them up so I do not want all my efforts to go to waste. I need an efficient way to do this

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Dell Alienware

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Alienware? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think this is fine, I just want to be certain that if I pay for something that there is a reasonable way to do this and it not be a nightmare process of one by on edeleting

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Did you try to delete the photos?

I am confused about your response, i want to get the photos in a small thumbnail fashion, delete them in batches and then reinstate the legitimate photos in photos and make sure that google drive maintains the updated file
Tech Support Specialist: Sudipto, Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago

Sorry for the late reply, I waited for your reply yesterday and got offline after one hour, let me know when you can continue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See my note above, can you help?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am re-writing my request for clarification
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have many photos in google photo. Critical to the fix I need is someone understanding the fact I use Google Drive, so whatever the fix is I do not want to spend time and yet then have google drive overwrite what I am doing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have many photos in google drive. I would like to pull out the photos and look at them as thumbnails so that I can go through the vast number of files and delete them in batches and then add only the ones I want back into google photos. (Note - somehow many photos are not mine and I do not know how they got there). So I need a mechanism to review all files in larger volumes and delete what I do not want AND maybe categorize them, and put the photos I want back into google photos AND VERY IMPORTANT IS NOT HAVING THE GOOGLE DRIVE BACKUP OVERWRITE ALL THE WORK I AM GOING TO DO. Please help - thanks!
Tech Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon!

Yes, this is 100% possible to do, and is how I manage my over 13,000 photos in Google Photos. Would you like a text instruction here, or a quick remote session so I can show you how to do it?

Just checking in to see if you want me to show you how to do this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would love remote, but I am not certain how secure it is to be honest
I am at work also though if it was secure I might consider it
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
maybe you can text me info here and I can look at it first?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my cell # is(###) ###-####once I read directions
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we can chat on the phone briefly first if you'd like

Alright, I stepped away from my computer but will put together a few instructions for you when I get back, it is actually pretty easy to do. Also, if we used a remote session, we would use TeamViewer--considered the most secure method there is for remote assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to be careful that what I do does not get put back from the google drive backup
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also would you be going tghrough my photos to help or just instruct me on a few of them and how to remove them from google drive auto backup

I'll go over it all with you when I get back online.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok - I may leave work by 2pm and go online later are you in the US and PST time?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I gave you my number so that if we can do this later, we can just meet up at the correct time, does that work for you, you calling or texting me so we can coordinate?

I will text you to coordinate. I am on EST.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great - so after 3:30pm pst is best for me - thanks(###) ###-####and then we can do remote

No problem! We will talk first and go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can go ahead and power up my laptop if you think you have some time it might take a little bit of time at this point
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Text me when time
Is good.(###) ###-####thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I guess you signed off that are not available but I do work through this with you which might take a little time so I’ll just wait to see if you have some type a fix for me thank you appreciate it(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m not at home at the moment but I wonder if were able to work this out together?

Yes, I will go ahead and put together some instructions for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am trying to get a hold of you. I left my home but have time this weekend to go through this arduous process. What you told me sounded promising but you left the planet :(.

Sorry, I am in the middle of a cross country move, so I am in and out sometimes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can head home. Would be there I. 30 minutes if you can tell me you’d be available
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you have a way to download all pictures into thumbnails so I can review them all, also maybe categorize them
Off line and also make sure google drive is updated when I reload them? I don’t mind doing remote but only going to head home if you will be available. :)

I'm currently driving for a while, replying to you on my phone. I can call you tomorrow morning, because I think we need to go over in detail your use of both Google Drive and Google Photos, and exactly what you're trying to accomplish, as they are two different services(although use the same allocation of your allowed data). And then I can tell you exactly how to accomplish what you're trying to do.

See, if you delete a photo from Google Drive, it will not delete it from Google Photos, if you stored it in Google Photos. However, if you store it in Google Drive, and have the "show google drive images" checked in Google Photos, then you are not even storing it in Google Photos, just viewing it there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Tomorrow is fine. Thank tou

Ok perfect. We will get this all sorted out for you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
we never got to work this out, I realize you were traveling. I go back to work Wednesday and after that I am only available on weekends. Please advise what would work best for you - thanks Jay

Jay, my apologies, it has been a crazy couple days. Moving across country with three kids and five dogs has not been as easy as I had hoped haha! I will actually be there today, and will be done driving, so we can finally get this done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, that’s fine I understand totally. Probably going to have to do this over one weekend I’ll let you settle in for now but I’m glad I found one that I what I should say is I’m glad I found person that can likely help me. Good luck with unpacking and will talk soon

Unloading this truck is a nightmare! This weekend sounds great, and thanks for your patience on this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I’m not mistaken you moved from the East Coast to California? What city? Hey get some help don’t hurt your back
From South Florida to Las Vegas actually! I hired a few people to help unload the truck, best decision ever!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Welcome to the west coast!!!!!
Well maybe we can get this going this coming weekend
My cell (###) ###-####
I may use your services in the future also

Absolutely. I am actually going to text you now, so you have my number, that way you can text me whenever you're ready.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just answer says the job is going to close I want to make sure we keep in contact to get the job done I’ve given you my cell phone a couple of times we could work together even if just enter shut down my job but I want to get your OK that you will do that with me for now and the future please send me a text message(###) ###-####so I know that we are good and maybe we can work on it this weekend but we are good for the future

We will get together this weekend and get it done.

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric