I received a warning on my computer that i hve a malicious…

Customer Question
I received a warning...

I received a warning on my computer that i hve a malicious virus

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp pavilion dv6 on windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

No not that i am aware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

My concern is that this may be a scam they took control of my machine and told me they would fix it 175.00 they claimed to be microsoft certified tecs

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
12/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

are you microsoft

That is a very common scam. You must have gotten a virus or malware onto your PC and the scam gives you a number to call and pretend to be a Microsoft rep. Which is false Microsoft does not monitor your computer neither do they have you call them.

It was scam to get you to pay for a service.

No, I am a computer expert on JustAnswer.com however I am Microsoft certified and can answer any questions you have.

Microsoft does not provide any free support so calling them will be more costly.

The person on your PC might have installed spyware or a virus on your PC to have you call then again.

Would you like remote support so I can look into your system and remove anything they might have installed?

No thanks i did a norton scam and took care of it
Andy, Computer Consultant