On screen messages state i have a virus. I took screen

Customer Question
On screen messages state...

On screen messages state i have a virus. I took screen shots. What do i do next

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Samsung Galaxy tab S2 10.1 running android 7.0

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Galaxy Tab?

2 years i think

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Galaxy Tab?

A few play store antivirus apps

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Like i mentioned i have screen shots of warning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
That is a scam, it is usually only connected to a web page and the Tablet itself is not infected.
Most of the time, these pop ups aren’t legit but they want you to believe your Tablet is infected with a virus and they’ll suggest that there’s an app you need to download that will help you get rid of the virus.

Personal data (e.g., Wi-Fi passwords, browser bookmarks, etc.) can be backed up to Google's servers.An alternate reset method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.If troubleshooting third-party apps, disable the Automatic Restore option.From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. Located at the bottom when viewed in portrait or at the right in landscape. If Settings isn't available, ensure the Apps tab is selected.Tap Back up and reset.Tap Factory data reset.To reset the device tap Reset device.If presented, enter password/PIN then tap Continue.Tap Delete all. Allow several minutes for the factory data reset and reboot processes to complete.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

did that work for you?