Nothing at this time but I did have an iss on Friday that I…

Customer Question
Nothing at this time...

Nothing at this time but I did have an iss on Friday that I need to ask you about

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Inspiron 15 windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Can I ask you a question?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I received numerous pop ups on Friday morning! I could not click out of them and the it gave me a phone number to call for assistance! I called the number and spoke to a "Tech" that could solve my issue! I was getting an error message that I do not recall the number at this time!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?

I believe I was scammed on Friday! I was charged $600 paid by check and I am wondering if this is a scam or something legit?

Its a scam, I would report this to your bank.

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO tell me if this is a scam by looking at my computer?
Thank you! I will!

did they remote in?

we can check on it if you'd like, make sure there is nothing installed regarding virus/malware

looks like payment failed

My bank stopped payment! They called me about the activity to verify that I had authorized it! Try again!

I think you need to try on your side

My bank had stopped the payment and called meto verify that I had made to charges! I verified that I had. Can you now access my computer?

I believe you need to request it again on your side

Try what?

remote assistance request

I'll see if I can find the link again!

ok