I am trying to get skype to skype loaded with my brothers…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to get skype to skype loaded with my brothers system. We are having one hell of a time, and are ready to throw our computer out.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Skype file saved to cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive?

We don't know anything about these things. My skype is working, probably loaded into cloud. He is trying to download his.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

We are dummies so patience is a necessity.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/24/2017
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just to clarify, is Skype installed on both computers or is the installation not working on one of the computers?

If Skype is installed on both and connection is the issue, connectivity issues with Skype are often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To rule out the network as the cause, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Do this at both locations. Reboot the computers after the router/modems hve completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance. Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.

Do you still need assistance?

Thank you for your assistance. It had nothing to do with what you suggested, it simply had to do with one person not having used a computer very much and not understanding any of the instructions. I have discovered by talking to my friends who are on skype that they have all had problems, it is not as simple as advertised. We are finally in communication and my 91 year old Mom will be delighted with her christmas surprise. Have a great holiday and a wonderful new year.

Thank you for letting me know, glad the issue is resolved!

Best regards,

David.