Dropped my kindle and now its screen is stuck. Last night…

Customer Question
Dropped my kindle and...

Dropped my kindle and now its screen is stuck

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last night

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cris, Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

It appears your Kindle software is glitched. Try performing a power reset by holding the power button/switch for 20 seconds. Your device will shut off then turn back on allow up to 2 minutes for the software to load up.

Please let me know the outcome.

It doesn't shut down but the screen turns darker for a second, the back to full bright

Remote session cannot be done on the device. Remote request are automated through the system.

It appears the drop has caused hardware failure. How long have you had it?

Got any other suggestions
Sorry I didn't read that in time. Four plus years

OK, you are out of the coverage period also Amazon doesn't usually cover hardware failure.

When a force start doesn't work there isn't any other solutions to try. Your best bet is to purchase a new Kindle they are on sale at the moment. Here is my recommendation on which one to purchase.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Amazon-Fire-HD-8-Tablet-With-Alexa/dp/B01J94SWWU/ref=sr_1_1?s=amazon-devices&ie=UTF8&qid=1514052349&sr=1-1&keywords=kindle+fire

I understand this maybe not the answer you were looking for but do to circumstances the solution I can provide you. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Reply back to me if you feel the need to rate negative first before doing so.