I need a windows 10 bootable recovery disk. How do I get it?

Customer Question
I need a windows...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Asus, However I did the free Windows 10 upgrage online.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I had a power issue. It's been down for three months. I had to replace the power supply. It starts now but says a windows file is missing or corrupted and wants a bootable recovery disk to repair the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am not able to burn a disk at home or download a fix.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today? Just the recovery disk for Windows 10?

Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Sure. One moment and I'll give you the link for this

Should be chappy to let you remotely connect, however the device will not boot at all.

This link will give you the Windows 10 Installation Media which can be used for recovery options. ---> CLICK HERE

It's a large file, so I would recommend setting it up on a USB drive. This link will give you an idea of how to do this with step-by-step instructions ---> CLICK HERE

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

USB or burn a disk?
USB or burn a disk?

Either option is okay, but USB is preferable because of the large size. a blank DVD might not be big enough

Understood. Thank you.

You're welcome. I'm happy to help if you have any other questions. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

Can I view this at a later time when I can burn a disk?
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago

Sure absolutely. Please remember to rate my service using the stars at some point though. This is the only way I will receive credit for helping you. Thanks!