I hope you can help me! I've had a yahoo account, the entire…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I hope...

Hi Pearl, I hope you can help me! I've long had a yahoo account, the entire contents of which seems to have been lost: 4000 pieces of my email, including all folders have disappeared. As well, Yahoo dropped my avatar and says I have no comments... when I've made hundreds. Can you help find my account?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've logged off, restarted the web app (Safari and Firefox) and rebooted the computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I think I've listed everything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
This incident seems to have started, or rather, my email stopped on December 18. Before logging off, rebooting and logging back on, I had a couple dozen friends and work email folders; after I logged back on, they, along with ALL of my email were gone.
When I log on now, my photo avatar is gone, replaced with a default letter "C."
12/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

When did you last successfully access the Yahoo account?

Good morning Pete ~ I was logged in and able to post comments in Yahoo news until yesterday morning; my photo avatar was there and in checking my past comments for responses, all several hundred were there. My past email, both sent and received, plus all friends and work folders were there, but I hadn't noticed until trying to log on through a work computer that I had no new email since Dec. 18. When I checked my home computer (which I let sleep, but rarely reboot,) all old email was there. I refreshed the page several times and no new emails appeared. Then I logged out of Yahoo; when I logged back in, the page style had changed, my avatar was replaced with the default letter "C" (I checked comments before mail) and Yahoo recognized me, (with a "hi Chris" at the top of the page,) but nonetheless said "You currently have no comments." When I then checked email the page style looked different - a different layout - showed zero sent messages and only 347 new messages (all since Dec 18.) It looks like Yahoo updated to a new mail program, but that doesn't explain why it would jettisoned old mail.
Strange, I got here through Yahoo mail assistance but have to pay to fix their problem? Is Just Answer not part of Yahoo help?

No, JustAnswer is an independent online service that offers a convenient way for customers to connect with licensed and verified professionals, in a number of different fields, quickly and easily from the convenience of your home.

Thanks Pete ~ I just checked in the community answers and found Yahoo separated accounts for people accessing mail through att.net. I just logged on to Yahoo directly, rather than through att, and that solved it! Still can't figure how Yahoo mail help got me here, but Thank You for responding and clarifying!

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

Have a great holiday :)
Pete.