Once I log in I cannot open Microsoft Edge. Error message…

Customer Question
Once I log in...

Once I log in I cannot open Microsoft Edge. Error message "Critical Error Start Menu not working. Will try to fix next time you log in. Sign Out Problem has not corrected after multiple logins.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Edge?

Wednesday

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Not that I recall

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/23/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

How long has this been going on?

since Thursday I was last in there on Wednesday night.

Thank you. The easiest way for me to help you resolve this issue will be to remotely connect to your computer. Are you ready for me to do this now?

I do not want you to log on to my laptop. Cancel this call and refund my money.

I can walk you through the process instead if you prefer.

OK let's try it.

Okay, please right-click on your start menu and select Windows PowerShell (Admin)

Once that is up, type (or copy and paste) the following code:

Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}

OK. Prompt is C:/Users/

Okay, after you typed the above code and pressed Enter, you will get the same C:/Users/ prompt again. After that you can close Windows PowerShell and restart your computer. When it comes back, please try to open Edge again, if it still is not working we will need to continue the process and make a new User.

Did that work for you?

Errors typing the command. What is the total cost of giving you control?

Remote access is an additional $39.

Plus the $42 quoted earlier?

Correct.

Forget it. I will find another way. Close this call and refund my money.

Okay, no problem, will do. Were you unable to copy and paste the code?

Okay, thank you for your patience. I will put in your refund request.

Thanks
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert