My wife's hp has a password problem. we cannot get the

Customer Question
My wife's hp has...

My wife's hp has a password ***** we cannot get the computer to accept her password

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is an all in one and she says it had windows 10 but it was changed to windows 7

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have tried every password ***** has ever said she had and she just quit trying brand new computer and she has used it maybe 2 times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

That is a about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Does anyone else log into the computer?

not that I am aware of

Okay thank you. Are you sure you are using Windows 7?

I don't know that you can because I am on my computer
nope she says it was changed to windows 7 but originally had 10

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

ok so what can we do

Does this computer have a CD/DVD player?

Okay good. About the only option is to purchase a password ***** disc. You can find one at this LINK.

really this site is a scam as well because you cant really help except to help lighten my bank account.
Thanks for everything

No this site is not a scam and there is no need to be insulting! If you are unable to remember your password, then you can either reinstall Windows to reset it and that will wipe all of your saved data, or you can purchase a password ***** disc as I recommended.

Tech Support Specialist: Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Elgin Vega
Elgin Vega, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is***** will try my best to help you with this request.

As the previous expert told you, there are 2 ways to fix the problem, one is to reinstall OS but you will lost all data.

The seccond ways is to bypass the password, you wont need to purchase a reset disk, but the process if a little difficult.

If you want to try to reset your password ***** use this video and follow every step carefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILDBTObzLw

Let me know if works for you or if you need help in the process.