I have windows 10. A recent update took away my dual screen…

Customer Question
I have windows 10...

I have windows 10. A recent update took away my dual screen mode and it will now let me get the dual screens back. When I go to have it detect the second monitor it cannot find it. I had my auto update turned off and it updated anyway and now only one screen..

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?

The computer will not detect my second monitor!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Dell Optiplex 780

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OptiPlex? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday when it updated windows 10. I've gone into my settings for display to set up the second monitor and it will not let me do it and it doesn't recognize the second monitor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good afternoon/evening!...My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. What would you like resolved today?

To get access back to the 2nd monitor?

Sure. It might be a bit cumbersome to do this over chat and take a while. Would you prefer to do that or have me connect to your machine so I can test the devices with you and fix it that way?

Thank you but I have microsoft technician on the phone and he is resolving the issue for free. Thank you anyway and Merry Christmas.

You're welcome! Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions about this and I'll be happy to help. Please also remember to rate my service using the stars when you get a chance. Thanks!

Merry Christmas!