My ipad came up screen while I was on it and said activation…

Customer Question
My ipad came up...

My ipad came up white screen while I was on it and said activation error and when I tried to put password ***** and user said could not connect to server, I have spoken with many ipad owners and I know the main server is yours, and I cannot use the ipad at all they want $250.00 to break it and I will not pay for that as it is Apple's server error

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About a year and a half ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I did and it will not accept the password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I want my ipad replaced, it is 5 years old never gave any problems until not

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!This may be caused by a glitch in the firmwares, please try this> Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time for about 30 seconds or until you see the Apple logo then release both buttons. The iPad will reboot and work normally.
If that fails, 5l you will need to connect the iPad to a computer that has iTunes software installed on it.
1. Connect iPad to your computer.2. Select iPad in the iTunes sidebar, then click the Summary tab.3. Click “Check for Update.” iTunes tells you if there’s a newer version of the iPad software available.4. Click Restore. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the restore process. When restoring, it is recommended that you back up iPad when prompted. When the iPad software has been restored, you can choose to set up iPad as a new iPad, or restore your music, videos, app data, and other content from a backup.
Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good