I can't find the setup icon inn the upper right-hand corner…

Customer Question
I can't find the...

I can't find the setup icon inn the upper right-hand corner and for that reason I cannot go through the tutorial. I also can't find the left-hand menu button more settings.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

It is Google Home I don't know what an OS system is. I have an apple I Phone 7

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know what that means

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I can ask google to answer questions and she does. She finds music for me to play - even though I do not have a music plan. She answers question like mu Siri does. I would like her to set timers for me, remind me of groceries, etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

What is OK google, how can I get her to set timers, tell me when 30 minutes are up, what are music programs? Are some cheaper than others

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there. My name is***** would be my pleasure to help you with this. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

It sounds like you have setup your Google Home device correctly since it responds to questions. "Ok Google" is the "wake phrase" that gets your Google Home devices attention. You can say Ok Google, or Hey Google, then say "SET A TIMER for 10 minutes" or thirty minutes or however long you want. TO find out how much time is left, say "OK GOOGLE" or HEY GOOGLE" "How much time is left?" You can find out more about timers here:

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7028899?hl=en

You can use several different music services with your Google Home. You can use free services such as Google Play Music Free, Spotify Free, or Pandora Free, or you can use paid services like Google Play Music Premium, Spotify Premium, or YouTube Red. The biggest difference between the free and paid services is that most of the free services play ads while the paid services do not. Please click the link below for a list of commands that can be used with any of the music services, like "Play Song Name", or "Play Song by Group or Artist Name", "Pause", "STOP", and more. Remeber that all commands must be prefaced with Ok Google or Hey Google to get the device to "listen"

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7030379

If you will let me know which particular music service you want to setup I can walk you through it, or you can click one of the following links to find out more:

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7060506

https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7551876?hl=en&ref_topic=7030084

You can use the Google Home app on your Mobile Phone to link music services.

Please review these instructions and let me know if you have any particular concerns or questions that you need clarification on. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Andy, Computer Consultant