I have an ASUS F550L which has just shut down and won't turn…

Customer Question
I have an ASUS...

I have an ASUS F550L which has just shut down and won't turn on. There are no lights not even the charging light. What could be wrong and what should I do about it.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The entire computor.

Technician's Assistant: What Asus model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

F550L with windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Has gone into hibernation a couple times in the last few days by itself but came back on when I hit the space bar. I have tried turning it on again with and without the battery. No reaction

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Ta

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

If its a laptop remove the battery and then disconnect it from the AC adapter.
Press and hold down the power button for 45 seconds then release it.
Put the battery back and then connect the AC adapter.
Turn on your laptop or the computer.

let me know if that works.

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, if you are unable to follow any given steps please don't worry, click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.