Can't get into bios inspiron 710m. There is a rapid

Customer Question
Can't get into bios...

Can't get into bios inspiron 710m. There is a rapid oscillation of a few words but the bios menu does not appear and remain stable. I have changed the CMOS battery but no result.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Win XP. Even when there is no hare drive in the laptop still can't get into the bios

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

No. the computer is second hand and without a battery, a new one of which I have ordered. Could the absence of a battery and running only on a power supply be the cause of the problem?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Strangely after a while the flashing image goes and the computer boot on the hard drive

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

What exactly are you having trouble with the computer?

I can't access the BIOS on booting. The computer is second hand so I don't know if the problem was there before I acquired it. I have a hard drive from another source which strangely boots up after a while. Pressing F2 at boot just gives a screen that cycles and will not form a stable image. I have replaced the CMOS battery but without result.
no I can't afford that. I'll have to let it go.
Please refund the $45 which is not part of the deposit. The computer is not worth $50 to repair.