I have a microsoft pro book which I spilt coffee over the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a microsoft pro book which I spilt coffee over the keyboard this morning

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

I wiped it down, logged off and disconnected power and have had it lying upside down on the keyboard for about 3 hours.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

At one stage I turned it on and the tablet came off after I put it back it wouldn't detach again so I again powered down and don't know what to do next

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you mean android expert it's a microsoft surface book

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/22/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to leave the Pro Book completely powered off in a warm dry place for at least 24 hours so that it completely dries out.

If it is powered on whilst there is any liquid still inside it, the sensitive electronic components will be fried.