Receive an email from Yahoo stating: "your recent

Customer Question
Receive an email from...

Receive an email from Yahoo stating: "your recent deactivation request is in process and your account will soon be inactive. please visit the link to avoid the close down of your account and keep enjoying our services" I did not request any such thing. Sounds suspicious Please help

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Yahoo? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

When I open my phone it's there, my desktop is booked mark I just click and it's there.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None, would you send a message stating mail hold per my request, I am afraid to click on the link in the email for fear of hacking, should I change my password.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. my mail hasn't stopped yet it's warning me that it's in process.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That's a scam/bogus email and NOT related to Yahoo in any way. Please do not open up any links or attachments included with the email and absolutely do not reply back to them either. These types of emails are sent out by a phishing party to trick users into downloading malware and/or providing them with their account info. You may simply ignore and delete these types of emails as they come in.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of this page before you leave today. Thank you,

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist