I need my key no. for my windows 10. it was an upgrade from…

Customer Question
I need my key...

I need my key no. for my windows 10. it was an upgrade from my windows 7 that was originally installed with a key no. **********. my name is***** can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Its a computer I had built for me at memory express. it has AMD cpu and i had to replace the mother board and cpu

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Its a coolmaster case with 16051620

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I took it back to memory express .they did trouble shooting. i bought new mother board cpu and ram. I havent installed the parts yet,but want to to start it up as a new computer with my windows 10 key .It was registered when i upgraded from windows 7 on the free up grade.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have the original key no. from windows 7. It is 2tfhf-cjptj-************

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-scie09oe,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with your question. I understand you don't have your Windows 10 product key from when you upgraded via the free upgrade, but you do have the Windows 7 key that was upgraded and now you want to do a clean install on the same computer. Here's a link to an article that discussed the product keys and your options:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_install/activation-faq-for-insider-preview-build-10565/68e759a2-abcc-4b16-8758-92a720a6efe9?auth=1

Here's a link to an article that shows you how to determine the build your have:

http://www.ilicomm.com/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/

Once you review it and determine your scenario and your build, just reply with any questions.

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This does not help with my question at all. I certainly hope you are not expecting to get paid for nothing.

Those articles cover your scenario. if you are not pleased with this direction, I have opted out to open this up to other Techs to further assist you.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert