Im trying to activate my microsoft account so i can use word…

Customer Question
Hi. Im trying to...

Hi. Im trying to activate my microsoft account so i can use word on my new laptop. it keeps telling me im a child. im not in the US so i cant provide the credit card info im frustrated

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

Asus brand new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to sign in to my microsoft account. It thinks im a child

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me what happens if you try to sign into your account here please

www.outlook.com

Please let me know

i need a parents permission
i dont want to securely connect

Thanks

Do you have a United States Credit card?

no im in Israel
im not American

ok, you will not be able to remove this sorry, what you will need to do is create a new account using this link

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1&signup=1

It is critical you use the correct birthdate

Once done, use this new account to sign in

Let me know how you go please

the link doesnt work
also im not prepared to create a new account with a different email address
i only have one email address

ok, if you are not prepared to create a new account then you will need to stop using the service.

As without a US credit card you cannot unlock this one

I know it is not what you want to hear and I am sorry about that but it is the only option for this situation.

The account is free to make, I checked the link and this works, but go to www.outlook.com and you can choose sign up there as well

this link doesnt work either

You just went to www.outlook.com before....

You are saying now that also stops working for you?

thanks
ill keep trying

The link I gave you, repeated above you said you access before.