I have a window that saysit is from MS and has frozen my…

Customer Question
I have a window...

I have a window that saysit is from MS and has frozen my computer

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

It saids to call a number and give your user & password. The screen is frozen and no keys are working I turned it off but it is still there when I turn it back on

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

ASUS X5551 Windows 10 I guess

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just got it about 1/2 hr ago. It will not let me do anything including click their

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The address line says something about aztec something

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

Microsoft and Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.
Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their malware removal “services”

Ok so how do I get it off my computer. It has everything frozen
another $39 ? on top of the $47?
Hello?

you can close the automated site popup its basically for more choices and options for our customer who prefer additional service like remote screen sharing and phone call assistance.

after closing the popup screen you can run malwarebytes to get rid of the fake popup screen.

Moses C
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer