I recently bought Office 365 Home and Student and loaded and…

Customer Question
I recently bought Office...

I recently bought Office 365 Home and Student and loaded and activated it on my old lap top. However I need to transfer this Office to my new lap top. How can I do this please. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 8 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

you have office 365 on a disk or a downloaded version?

Downloaded version and it is already on my new lap top but need to activate it.
i have the product key which i can enter.

do you have the Office disk to install?

No

no problem you can download and install a trial version and when installed you can upgrade it with the Serial number key you have will convert the trail to a full version.

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, if you are unable to follow any given steps please don't worry, click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.

I'll try that but wont it tell me that the product key has already been used?

no it will not and if you are not using MS office on another computer till then

Hi i cant get into my office to activate it as the email I used is***@******.*** and altho I can get into the account the birth date is wrong and it keeps asking for a parent and locks me out. I inadvertently left the age at 2017. Can you update that for me please. It should be 1942. Thanks

click on the link and login to the Microsoft account

Hi again
I used that link and tho i changed my date of birth i cant go any further because it has address locked as USA.
Still cant get past the parent request as the Country of Origin says United States.

can you post me a screenshot of the parent lock you are getting

Hope this displays.
Dont think it was the right one will try again.
Unable to attach the file sorry. Four screens
1. Login***@******.*** add password ***** NEXT
2. New screen "You need a parent consent" message. There is a message saying "I am an adult why am I seeing this" I selected this link
3. New screen "Change date of birth" I changed the date of birth then selected NEXT
4. New screen "Verify that you are an adult". This screen requires credit card details / Address details
I can enter CC details but unable to enter home address as the Country Origin is hard wired as United States. I am unable to change this to NZ. I guess that has to be changed elsewhere for it to be updated on this screen.

I'll open your question up to all the experts. One of them may have seen this
precise situation before. You'll receive an e-mail notification when one responds.

thank you
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 7 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, you still have the product code for your installation of office correct?

Please let me know

Hello Richard. Yes I do

Thanks

The correct link you need to use is this link here

https://setup.office.com

Enter in your Product Code there, and complete the process to download and install Office.

Let me know please how you go

Thank you