Win 7 Pro start up screen freezes during new build. The win…

Customer Question
Win 7 Pro start...

Win 7 Pro start up screen freezes during new build.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

The win 7 software itself.

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Windows 7 pro

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

Just rebooting same thing every time

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 7 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Does it freeze immediately? Can you login?

It freezes immediately.

restart, press F8 repeatedly

choose safe mode with networking

in safe mode for Networks it freezes immediately.
20 December 2017 11:03
in safe mode for Networks it freezes immediately. I tried it serval times. Same result

Try just safe mode.

If it freezes with that, It's looking like we need to reload Windows.

To do that we need access to a blank dvd and a working PC so we can burn the dvd.

Hi, I'm going to try Cody's last idea of Safe mode Only and see if that works I get back to you. Thank you for your help.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I build a new computer AMD Ryzen 1700 CPU with ASUS Crosshairs V! Hero MoBo - the CPU is cooled with Corsair Hydro Series Dual Fans 16 BG RAM 500 GB M.2 SSD OS 3 x 2 TB 7,200 TB Seagate Baracuda HD (2 for Raid) 1 for extra. The video card is an EVGA 1080 TI to 3 X 27" Samsung 4K monitors using 2 DP and 1 HDMI. Panorama software for all three monitors from Digital Tigers in Atlanta

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

I forgot it has a Corsair 1,000 Watt silver Power Supply and Yamaha 5.1 sound system. I built the machine to donate to the Saint Joseph, Missouri, Fire Department. They will use it for training software. If the trainee fireman makes the wrong choice the flames and smoke increase and vice versa. They still use Windows & Pro Like most of Conservative Corporate America.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

There is a history of this problem starting last Thursday night with JA then Cody

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, When I try to do a clean load of a fresh Windows 7 Pro, the screen freezes at the install screen (English), etc. Even if I use F8 get into The SAFE mode, the same thing happens, same with safe mode for networks. Nothing works so far. Do I need some drivers loaded????

Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 6 months ago

are you trying to reload windows by booting from dvd?

This is a new or fresh load on to a ssd 500 GB m.2

hard drive could be going bad, what brand of pc is it?

There is no name or trademark on this computer. I built this this computer myself. I build computers for charity. I listed all the parts I used for this build in a long description a few paragraphs preceding this one. All the parts are new. Everything was working fine and it was time to load an operating system. Like many businesses, the City of Saint Joseph Fire Department still uses Windows 7 Pro. By using the new an optical DVD drive on the computer, I wanted to read Windows 7 Pro and write it to a new 500 GB Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 on the motherboard. Having the OS on the SSD makes start-up much faster as I'm sure you know. I hopethis answers your question. Tim Swanson 23-Dec-2017 6:20 PM

download latest bios firmware here https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_BIOS/

will probably need a working computer and flash drive to save the file to

then press F1 (maybe diff on a custom built pc) to get into the bios, from there let me know what the options are and I can help get to the firmware update part