I have lost my internet connection on my Dell Venue 8 pro…

Customer Question
I have lost my...

I have lost my internet connection on my Dell Venue 8 pro 5830

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Venue 8 pro serial number is *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just started today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/21/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Can you tell if you are receiving any WiFi signals?

My other devices work well. My tablet has no wifi right now.

Okay so you are not seeing any WiFi signal indicated on your tablet then correct?

please

Since your tablet has no network access, I will not be able to connect to it.

Are you running Windows 8 on your tablet?

7 or 8

Swipe-in from the right edge of the display to access Charms. Touch Settings, Network icon then Swipe Wi-Fi icon left or right to turn Wi-Fi on or off.

Not working

Do you see any available wireless networks?

I see where it asking for username or password. Is that the att password ***** my ghe side of the modem

That depends on how you set it up?

It could be your home network password?

When I go into it, its asking for certificate, smart card, RSA SECURID pinpad
And others

You should be able to tell if this is your home network or another wireless network? Your other wireless devices will be connected to the same network you want to connect the tablet to.

Its telling me the server name cannot be resolvdd

Try powering off the tablet and disconnect power from your router. Let both set for several minutes then power up the router fully first then the tablet.

I did it, I am back kn. I am where its asking for connection properties

You should just be able to click the WiFi symbol in the system tray to bring up the properties menu.

Its not doing it. I have tried that before.

You can also find those settings in control panel under network settings.

Network and internet
Connect to the internet
View network status and tasks

Network and Internet

Its says Windows did not detect any networking hardware.I have done this too before.

Do you see a link that reads Change adapter settings?

Ok I just found something, it says type in
Password *****
Broadband connection

Where are you seeing that?

Network and connection.
Ok, I add the att name and password.
Now its saying the modem has reported an error. Try again or set up the connection anyway

Go ahead and try it.

I did, read the last message.
I am at at
Connection to the internet is ready to use
To connect to the internet next time, left click the network icon in taskbar and click the connection you just created. Close at the bottom. I afraid to loose it. Do i close?

You should be able to close it.

It keeps telling me modem has reported an error. It's asking for sign in . Haven't had to sign for a while. Username is ***** ***** but password ***** I have tried 3 none are working.

Well if you are connecting to your home network, the username may be something other than your email?

You can check your other wireless devices to see what they are using to log into your network.

It still keeps saying the modem or Connecting device has reported an error
Ok trying the modems name and passwordStill the same message. Bummer.

Well I am out of ideas. I will opt out and see if anyone else can assist you. Good luck!

Alright
Thank you for trying. But I actually just got it back to working.

Glad to hear it. Have a nice day!