I got a call from someone that said that my computer was…

Customer Question
I got a call...

I got a call from someone that said that my computer was being hached. Can u see if that's true.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Hp18 all-in -one

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

The person called today and talked to my husband. he doesn't have the say so over my computer. I haven't had any problems with it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That was a bogus call by a malicious party and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call and provide fake alerts/popups to try and trick users into allowing them access to their PCs and paying for their scam services.

Microsoft will never call users on their own unless their services are specifically requested. Your system is just fine as long as you do not communicate with these parties or allow them access in any way; just ignore these types of calls and emails as they come.

NOTE:

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,