I have a voice message that my Windows computer has been…

Customer Question
I have a voice...

I have a voice message that my Windows computer has been locked because it has been used without my approval to go into websites that would damage it. Is this a real call or is someone trying to hijack me.. they give a 1 888-(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

I'm not. I tried to log in and I got a voice message on my computer saying that it was used to log into websites that have viruses and if I try to shut down it will damage my computer. They say they are Microsoft support and give the 1888 number for me to call. But I am suspicious so thought I'd check with you.

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the version of Windows?

One moment please while I check I'm not technically savvy Holld on please.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has T430s on the front and it's Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, thank you.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

That's a fake/bogus alert and NOT from Microsoft - which browser, e.g. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, is it showing up on?