My 92 year old mother hs forgotten her gmail password and I…

Customer Question
My 92 year old...

My 92 year old mother hs forgotten her gmail password ***** I have been trying to reset it. You keep sending me a code to my computer but ir doesn't help me any to adjust her email password?

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your Gmail account on any other devices?

Yes, but am trying to log in to her account, but can't as she has never used that account on my computer

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

For her account, i have no idea. On my account it is my cell phone #

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Ok so i still need to change her password ***** I tried to enter the code into her Kobo device but she has no internet so want to do it on my computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It sounds like you want to reset the password ***** Gmail Account so in this case May I have your Gmail Id so that i can check for the reset options from my side?

My mom's name is ***** ***** Her account is***@******.***

Thanks for the information i will check it from my side.

No I just want to change her password ***** a new one.
can i give you the password ***** want to use for her account?

May I have her last password ***** she used using this account?

no now knows what her password *****?!!!
Can i give you one to start using?!!

Okay, you can provide that.

May I know when she created her Gmail account Month and the year?

ok here it is- Florrie*92
It is hard to remember as she got a Kobo maybe in 2014 or 15 and the account may have been started in December or January of one of those years?

Does she have any recovery email address associated with her gmail account?

I don't know. I doubt it, but you could add my cell number or gmail account to it.

Sorry but we will not be able to add it now we can change it once we are able to login.

ok

As she don't remember the security questions and also don't have any recover email and phone number it is not possible to reset the password.

this has been a total waste of time????? what am I supposed to do?
She as over 600 emails and pictures that we can't access??
I am sure that the answer to your time Google started is one of those months and years. What is the problem?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused but it is not possible to reset the password ***** having recovery email and answers to security questions and Google does not provide live support for Gmail so you can not contact Google for help with account recovery.

How do I contact them. Give me a phone or contact point.Also it looks like I will be charged for this conversation. Is that right? I signed up for 1 free week?

I understand your concern I am a user of the site just like you and cannot help you with site-related issues. You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support and can check for the charges.

Google does not provide live support for Gmail so you can not contact Google for help with account recovery.

ok but how do I contact google to help with account recovery. I only got you. Thats what i originally thought i was doing.

Please click on this link https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/3130750?hl=en and check the information given in it.

ok thanks . I guess that is it.

Thank you for your time.

I tried that but i can't access my mom's account but it only ask about my gmail account?

What is the error message you are getting?

I can't log in to her count so it assumes that i want to make changes to my account

Okay, try to access the link in different browser like mozilla,internet explorer?

This is what i got -- 404. That’s an error.The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

Have you tried clicking on learn more hyper link?

nothing works so i don't know how to really contact Google and can't remember when she actually started her account. So I guess i am screwed..
i guess we are done

As I told you earlier without having recovery email and answer to security question it is not possible to recover the account and reset the password.

Thank you for your time and patience I really appreciate it.

Andy, Computer Consultant