Call from a "support firm" claiming I'm being hacked. Sounds…

Customer Question
Call from a "support...

Call from a "support firm" claiming I'm being hacked. Sounds like a possible scam.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 10,

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Tried to find out more about firm called itechsolutions that claim to be a Windows support firm authorize3d by MS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Josh, Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Josh, Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Yes, that is a scam phone call and they are not associated with Microsoft. Their goal is to connect to your computer to confuse you and try to make you believe that your computer has a lot of issues that it doesn't have.

If you would like, I can connect to your computer to make sure it is secure otherwise you can continue to use your computer without any issues.