Should I uninstall Office 2016 before buying and downloading…

Customer Question
Should I uninstall Office...

Should I uninstall Office 2016 before buying and downloading Office 365?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have a Dell Inspiron and am using windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

I had installed Office 2016 Home Edition and everything was working fine. Then one day I opened up Excel and received a message that I had to activate my copy. I put in my product key and was informed it was incorrect. It's the product key that i had used for the home edition, but on further examination I found that the Excel program and now my Word and Outlook programs were all Windows 2016 Professional. I never downloaded that program. I've tried so many fixes and none of them worked. I;m ready to quit and just pay for 365 and be done with all this.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your office. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Ensure to uninstall Office 365 preview installed on the system before installing Office 365 full version. Run the automated troubleshooter from the following article to remove all traces of the new Office installed on the system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: If you are using a 64-bit operating system, save the fixit tool on the system and then run it from the saved location.

Uninstall the 2016 and add the 365: (please let me know if you are on a mac and not windows pc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4svpowEmbTg

Once the uninstallation is complete reboot the system.

Now, i can only give you these directions with the information you gave me thus far. If you didnt download 2016 on purpose

and only want 365, you can use the link i sent you for this.

Please let me know any questions or errors you run into and i will assist until you get your 365 on there, especially

if you have not purchased office 365 yet.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin