Getting reacquainted with old computer. Compq Presario 5000…

Customer Question
Getting reacquainted with old...

Getting reacquainted with old computer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Compq Presario 5000 model number 5wv261

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I would like to copy some old photos somhow.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

While I was away someone hooked up a Dell dimension 3100 to verizon and aside from getting photos out I would like I to use it as another home connection. However I con't locate a certificate of Authenticity, (maybe internal), and can't find windows me disk.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer support, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be assisting you with the query and question you have with us.

what operating system is running on the computer is it xp, vista, Windows 7, 8, or 10?

Windows me
windows 3.1

do you know the folder location of your photos stored on the computer?

One second.
IN documents, I have photo series wise images from an older agfa digital .camera.
I also have some adaptec capabilities.

do you want me to remote connect and search them for you?

That computer is not online. I also have a writer but that requires 1 giga byte of ram where I only hav two parrallel 256 MB.

does it have a usb port?

you can connect a flash drive and save the data on the flash drive in that case.

You have to allow for my limits. In the sixties I was more or less the modem for jet aircraft and the largest computer in the world. In May of 70 when I went to Viet Nam the Air Force consolitdated pay records and the boolean algerbra inverted my pay as negative and that was cumulative and I went six months without pay and I satyed away from computers for thirty years. Then I was very busy until now.
What does flash drive mean?
I will get one in a few hours. Is that the same thing as a thumb nail?

absolutely correct its also called thumb drive, flashdrive and pen drive as well.

let me know when you are back with the drive.

I will also have to get 1 MB of RAM required for the the writer. If that is all I need then i am satisfied. I do have burning capabilities on my compaq but I can no longer get the data to the cd.

you can connect the flash drive and transfer the data on it and then you have the option to burn it on a disk on a different computer.

If that is all I want to thank you and try and give you a full rating above.

Please take a moment to click on the stars located on the top of this chat page to rate my service.
Thank you and come back if you need any assistance.

I am not sure if my rating registered.

i am sorry it didnt get registered scroll on the top of this page click on the 5 stars and hit submit to register.