The latest update to W10 removed all previous restore points…

Customer Question
The latest update to...

The latest update to W10 removed all previous restore points and several games, Chess Titans, Solitaire, Hearts and Minesweeper tht I had reinstalled from changeover of w7 to w10. How can I get these games back?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

W10 on a PC

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Brand is HP operating system unknown

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I left town 7 days ago, system W10 installed updates, I shut down without booting back up - so about 7 days and this is the first session.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

You might explain why this happened - it's the second time during updates that programs have been removed w/o my consent. I was able to recover before because I had a restore point the allowed the downloaded programs to be recovered. This last update even removed ALL previous restore points!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If the latest update from Microsoft has caused this, please perform these steps:
Click the start menu button and open Settings (the gear icon)
click Update & Security.
From the vertical menu on the left side of the page click Recovery.
On the right side, under "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"
click Get Started.
Select a reason for going back and follow the prompts to undo the update.
This should restore things to the way they were.
Let me know the result please.

Seems we've been down this road and so far I have give a credit card number with no results. What's going on? Has Microsoft gone mesugah or what? The problem is unwanted and unauthorized removal of programs (with no viruses) and complete removal of all previous restore points. You folks are sure not gaining any points from me. How do I get the games given in Win7 back and operable under Win10?

Hi. Sorry for the delay. I'm on the East coast and by the time you responded it was quite late

and I had gone off duty for the evening. I'm on the road right now until early this afternoon.

Please realize that I am not Microsoft. I did not update your computer nor did I remove your games.

However, I can help you restore them.

When I return early this afternoon I will contact you with explicit instructions for

restoring the games, OK?

and I had gone off duty for the evening.

However, I can help you restore them:

Go to this page: https://winaero.com/download.php?view.1836=

Click the blue link that says, "Download Windows 7 games for Windows 10"

When the installer runs a screen will open showing a bunch of games checked off.

It is very important that you only install one game at a time.

With a checkmark on one of the games you want, go ahead and install it.

Once it is finished, click the start menu button and you will see it under Recently Added.

Right-click on the game and select Pin to Start such that a Tile is created.

Repeat the procedure for each game you want to install.

Microsoft does not support running these games on Windows 10 but in most cases they can be made to work.

Let me know the result please.