I type very slow so please be patient with me. While back,

Customer Question
I type very slow...

I type very slow so please be patient with me. While back, something happened to my Skype account and I had to re-create an account but somehow the old account became available to use so I used the old account for long time. All of a sudden, last Sunday, I was to use Skype but the Skype started asking me to sign-in and after that it started to download new system??? and now I am force to use my new account which I created while back when I had no choice but to create that. I am OK with the new account but my friends are in my old account and I don't know how to transfer them to my new account without finding them and contacting them by invitation and so on. Is there any way to transfer them to my new account without having my friends to go through invitation?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

I don't know the computer words. Please explain to me, old person who doesn't know computer or computer words what exactly you need to know, please.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Skype?

Well, it did itself last Sunday which was 12/17/17 but that was not my choice to do it and I had old account working until 12/09/17 which was a week before.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I just don't know what I should tell so I guess not at this time and see what happens.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

Did you try signing n to Skype with the old account?

I try to use it because it was set up the way that I could click to open and use but didn't work that way. Since I never needed to sign on to the old Skype all these years, I don't remember the password ***** tried a few times with I thought it might the one but didn't work. I also used "I forgot my password" and tried to get that but didn't work. Now every time I tried to use my old name to do the same, it says "microsoft doesn't recognize the account name". But it pops up my old account every time I type my old account name but just can't to sign in.

Let me know your old skype name and its registered email