No computer troubles this evening, other than I am trying to…

Customer Question
No computer troubles this...

No computer troubles this evening, other than I am trying to plug in a 500gb Samsung T5 SSD drive into my Asus router, via USB, so I have a network accessible drive. Router model is RT-AC87R. I have been unable to get this to work.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Asus router?

RT-AC87R

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I first plugged my new Samsung T5 SSD into my laptop directly to ensure it worked, then loaded it up with a bunch of data. I then plugged it into the router, via USB, then logged into the router and selected the USB application icon, and attempted to set it up. That is as far as I got.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Computer
12/20/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?