I think I was scammed by GeeksLive247 on 05/14/2017 in

Customer Question
I think I was...

I think I was scammed by GeeksLive247 on 05/14/2017 in response to my msn.com email acct closing down. I bought from them a 3-yr. contract and let them install what they said was a firewall. Then November 3, 2017 I had another problem with my msn.com email acct: when I tried to open it, a terrifically loud siren-like sound went off and I could not get rid of it. I followed directions and ended up with SupportGen(###) ###-#### New Jersey, which was purported to be a Microsoft support. They told me that Mac computers (which is what I have) do not have firewalls. I contracted with them to install Norton Antivirus.

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

I believe it is Outlook

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not now, but I need to know if that GeeksLive 247 is actually a scam because I had Alex call last night, wanting to get into my computer because he said he was detecting unwanted things. Because of his insistence and the fact that I could not respond at that time and having distrust of the fact that they had installed a firewall, I have become suspicious and wonder what service is actually a scam. I read online that GeeksLive 247 has been reported as a scam.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I want to know if either of these services is bonafide. I am willing to eat the cost of what I put into their supposed "help"

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 6 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

It does look like those companies are related to various scams.

I would def report them as fraud to your bank, esp if you have dished out a lot of money to them. example being over $100.

Mac's do have a firewall but its not enabled by default and not many people enable it.

I have only given credit card compensation to them. I cannot trust even you because I have no idea why I should. Therefore, I will not allow you into my computer and want to call this off.
NO
please refund my $5

we have an A+ rating with better business bureau