I cannot get into my email on my phone. All of a sudden it…

Customer Question
I cannot get into...

I cannot get into my email on my phone. All of a sudden it is asking for my password? I don't even think I HAVE a password! And there is no "forgot your password" button.

Technician's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

Yes, I can get it on my PC

Technician's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

Not that I know of. This has never happened before. The only thing I have is a password ***** husband came up with titled mail.verizon.com with the WRONG address for me and a password ***** doesnt work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Like what?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Computer
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
Michael T

Hi,my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue today

yes you will have a password ***** order to receive and send mail on your phone. It has to be entered into settings when the mail account is first setup on your phone at the very beginning.

I need you to go online on your PC and if you do not know the password ***** you need to change the password ***** first, once that is successful I can then help you through the process of changing your phone settings so you can receive and send again.

Thankyou and please ask me for help if you need any in this password ***** process.

Ill be happy to provide links etc if you need them... Im here for you

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Please could you let me know the make and model of your phone?

I don't think there was ever a password ***** up...this is a verizon account...have had it for years
How do I find THAT out? I know it is a samsung 7 model #????what???
Galaxy 7
Have no idea HOW to change the password ***** first.
Mike, I really need quicker responses here.... have urgent meeting in just a few minutes. Thought I could get this done in my down time.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

ahh ok. How do you access the mail on your phone usually? Which app

I dont know what you are asking
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Also you need to be aware that Verizon is going away from the email account business completely.

When you check mail on your phone, is it thru an app?

the verizon app?
How would I know that? And yes, I know about the verizon debacle
Right now, just want to solve the immediate issue
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Since you are in a time crunch, you may want to contact Verizon as they have started turning OFF accounts because they have been warning for a while now. You should be able to access your account thru either AOL or Yahoo but it will still require you to have a password

Well, I don't know HOW that is going to help...since I don't know it!
I have already answered that question. Verizon app? Other than that...how would I find THAT out?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

You can try to change your password ***** one of those providers by click the forgot password *****

You can also access your email details thru your verizon online account

Well from what I have already tried...there is NO link "forgot your password" on the sites I have tried
What is the charge to have you go on my device and fix this for me?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

You have to do it from a pc and they all have the forgot password ***** under the password *****

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago
got it. thank you.
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Your welcome. Please get back to me when you have time and I will fix this for you..

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 7 months ago

Hopefully you can reset your email on that link and get going.. Sorry im trying to hurry...