My Win10 is so slow. My CPU and memory is too often below…

Customer Question
My Win10 is so...

My Win10 is so slow. My CPU and memory is too often below 10%. Well, I mean it's okay for a bit then suddenly drops way down and stays there even tho the HD light-indicator isn't lit and I'm not actively doing anything. It happens whether or not I'm online or using Office.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Lenovo Ideacenter 710-90FB00 bought little over year ago.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

I bought from Best Buy and use Geek Squad support. They say there's nothing wrong with the PC, that Windows has multiple support functions running in the background that cause it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Let him or her know I'm not that smart with Win10.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
12/19/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Sheri, Expert replied 6 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Hi JACUSTOMER-zyfua6em,

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. I understand your Lenovo Ideacenter computer is very slow and has high, fluctuating CPU and memory usage. There are many things that can cause this. To get started, first please let me know the following:

• Which Antivirus, Firewall and Security programs you are running on there?

I will wait for your reply. Then we can go to the next step.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert